The Incomparable Keb Mo will headline the 3rd Annual Project Blues Review August 17 to raise funds for the LifeCare Alliance's Columbus Cancer Clinic.
August 17th, 2013
An 8-Hour Blues Event you just don't want to miss!
LifeCare Alliance Center, 670 Harmon Avenue, Columbus, Ohio 43223
3pm to 11pm | Doors open at 3pm.
Handicap seating will be available.
Project Blues is thrilled to announce that three-time Grammy Winner and Blues artist extraordinaire Keb Mo is headlining the 2013 3rd Annual Project Blues Review August 17 -- a Blues music benefit concert to raise funds for LifeCare Alliance’s Columbus Cancer Clinic to help people impacted by cancer who do not have the financial wherewithal to deal with it.
Keb Mo is a three–time Grammy Award winner for Best Contemporary Blues Album; and a key figure in the acclaimed 2003 PBS series Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues.
About Keb Mo:
Keb has been performing to eager crowds across the United States for his “Reflection Tour”. The Reflection is the first new studio album by Keb Mo since Suitcase in 2006. These twelve songs are the product of an important period of personal and professional growth for the artist formerly known as Kevin Moore. In that time, he started a new family; moved from Los Angeles to Nashville; built a state–of–the–art home studio, and founded his own label, Yolabelle International, distributed by Ryko and the Warner Music Group.
Through all the changes of the past several years, Keb Mo found time to play a couple of hundred shows on several continents. He composed and recorded music for the acclaimed TNT series "Memphis Beat," starring Jason Lee and Alfre Woodward. And he wrote some of the best songs of his career for The Reflection – material strong enough to attract such notable guests as country music superstar Vince Gill ("My Baby’s Tellin’ Lies"), nouveau–soul chanteuse India.Arie ("Crush On You"), saxophonist Dave Koz ("One Of These Nights"), and veteran session guitarist David T. Walker ("All The Way," "The Reflection," "The Whole Enchilada").
Keb Mo’s Awards Include:
- GRAMMY AWARD Contemporary Blues Album "Keep It Simple" 2005
- GRAMMY AWARD Contemporary Blues Album "Slow Down" 1999
- GRAMMY AWARD Contemporary Blues Album "Just Like You" 1997
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Blues Album of the Year "The Reflection" 2011
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Contemporary Blues Album of the Year "Suitcase" 2007
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Contemporary Blues Album of the Year "Big Wide Grin" 2002
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Contemporary Blues Album of the Year "The Door" 2001
- GRAMMY AWARD NOMINATION Country Song of the Year "I Hope" 2006
- GOLD RECORD certified by RIAA for "Keb' Mo'" 2005
- 2002 ORVILLE GIBSON AWARDS- Best Blues Guitarist
- 2008 ELEVATE FILM FESTIVAL- Best Music Artist
- 2008 ELEVATE FILM FESTIVAL- Best Music Video
- HOLLYWOOD ROCK WALK INDUCTION - June 16, 2007
- WC HANDY Blues Awards:
- 1999 Song of the Year - Soon As I Get Paid
- 1994 Country/Acoustic Blues Album of the Year - Keb' Mo' album
- 1999 & 2000 Contemporary Blues Male Artist of the Year
- 1997-2002 Acoustic Blues Artist of the Year